Stewart Golf Q-SERIES SmartPower Battery & Charger
Q Series SmartPower Battery (please select 18Ah or 30Ah)
- Specifically designed for the Q Series
- 18Ah and 30Ah capacity options
- Free SmartPower App allows you to check and monitor battery capacity at any time
- Plug & play functionality
- Charger included
The next generation of lithium battery that you can connect to your smart phone.
Plug & Play Connection
Forget about connecting up battery leads: our battery slots quickly and easily straight into the trolley.
Monitor your battery from your smartphone: just connect via Bluetooth.
Your Q-Series trolley has a purpose designed SmartPower battery that slots seamlessly into the chassis, connecting automatically.
Removal: Press the release button at the end of the case, just behind the Stewart Golf GB crest. Press the button in and simultaneously pivot the battery around the front edge, pressing the battery backwards if necessary. Once the battery is partially out, grab with your other hand and lift away.
Insertion: Place the front of the battery under the small tongue and slowly pivot into place with your fingers on the release button. if it does not click in to its secured position automatically, press gently on the top of the battery until you hear a "click"
DO NOT drop the battery in to the chassis as this may damage the connections.
Charging The SmartPower Battery
Always start a charging cycle by following these steps
1. Connect the charger to the battery
2. Connect the charger to the wall
3. Switch the wall socket on
The charger has an indicator light on it:
-RED: indicates the battery is charging
-GREEN: indicates that the charger
cycle has finished.
The charge cycle time varies depending on how much power has been used, but the average charge should take 3-4 hours, but can be up to 10 hours. You can accurately check the power level of the battery with the free smartphone app, even while it is charging.
SmartPower Battery App
Never be caught out on the course. Use the app to receive real-time battery usage.
Battery Health Checks
Stay informed with your trolley and perform health checks from home.
Long Term Storage
If you are not going to use the trolley for more than one month, the battery should be fully charged after its last game then disconnected from the charger and stored in a dry environment between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F).
Once a month you should put the battery through a full charge cycle. Before using it again, the battery should be fully charged again.
Batteries are a complex technology and a number of variables contribute to battery performance and thus the performance of your trolley.
All rechargeable batteries are consumables and have a limited lifespan: eventually their capacity and performance decline so that they need to be replaced. As batteries age, it can contribute to changes in their performance.
Battery Life & Battery Lifespan
"Battery Life" is the amount of time your machine will run for before the battery needs to be recharged. " Battery lifespan" is the amount of time a battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. The mix of things you do with your trolley affects battery life and lifespan but no matter how you use it, there are ways to help.
A battery's lifespan is related to its "chemical age", which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for.
To help maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan, avoid charging or leaving the battery in very hot environments, including direct sun exposure, for extended periods of time. Please read and follow the advice in this manual.
Caring for your battery
- Follow these instructions exactly.
- Only use the charger supplied to charge the battery.
- Charge the battery immediately after each use, within 48 hours.
- Check the battery charge level with the app prior to use to ensure you have sufficient power to complete your round.
- Charge in a well ventilated area.
- Store & charge the battery in a dry environment between 15°C and 25°C (59°F and 77°F).
- Fully disconnect and unplug the charger from the mains and battery between charges
- Drop, throw, puncture or crush the battery.
- Immerse in water or any liquid.
- Clean with any abrasives or solvents; a damp cloth is fine.
- Leave the battery in a discharged state.
- Open or disassemble the battery or charger. This is dangerous and will void the warranty.
- Cover during use or charging.
- Expose the battery extreme temperatures (never store in a car in winter or summer.)
- Solder or connect anything to the terminals other than as guided in this manual.
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
- Charging & storage temperature: 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F)
- Battery Lifespan: >1000 charge cycles
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V
- Charge current: 2~5A